Oka is a small village on the northern bank of the Ottawa River (Rivière des Outaouais in French), northwest of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Located in the Lower Laurentians on Lake of Two Mountains, where the Ottawa has its confluence with the St. Lawrence River, the town has a main thoroughfare that is now part of Quebec Route 344. It's located 50 km (30 miles) northwest of Montreal.
This area was colonized by French settlers as a mission to First Nations in 1721 by brothers of the Sulpician Order branch of the Roman Catholic Church. Traditional owners are Mohawk (Kanienkaha), Algonquin, and Nipissing, who had a village known as Kanesatake, now a reserve within the boundaries of Oka.